Canada Cup/Ontario Cup #3: Hardwood ~ Recovery

This past weekend I raced the Canada Cup/Ontario Cup at Hardwood. After taking a lot of time off my bike last week because of my elbow, I wasn't sure how this weekend would go. I went into the race with hopes that I might be able to podium.

Pre-riding was a lot of fun. I took the first lap slow to see how my elbow felt as it was still sore. Then I went out for a faster lap with my dad to ask for tips about what the best line was to ride on certain trails. The course was awesome! It was extremely difficult with a lot of steep downhills and drops. I figured out how to ride Boneshaker which is an extremely steep, rocky downhill that many racers struggle with and that many racers crash on. I also rode the Deena's Joyride drop for the first time this year which I was super proud of. Deena's Joyride is a rock drop that you have to get air off of so as not to crash. This drop is followed by a sharp corner with a wooden wall ride which is super fun! (Pictures below)

Boneshaker
Sunday I started the race feeling really fast. I got the last call up since I haven't done many Canada Cup races and so I was forced to start second row. I immediately pulled out in front and was leading the race for a few second before someone else pulled in front. Then I entered the single track in second place. Partway into the race a group of about three or four riders came by me quite fast. By this point my arm was aching, and so I wasn't able to stay on their wheels, which was frustrating.

I pushed through and managed to come in 8th out of 14. It wasn't the result I was looking for but, considering how much my arm held me back, I'm happy with it. The other girls completely crushed it! I was especially impressed with Kelly, who's hard work has paid off.

Deena's Joyride

I'm super proud of my teammate, Tascha, who did amazing and managed to finish without being pulled! And my teammate, Christina who came fourth! My little sister, Lydia, came second in her category as well.

Thanks to all the Liv lades for supporting me and thanks to all the people who took pictures!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canada Cup/Ontario Cup #2: Horseshoe ~ Well, That's Bike Racing!

The 24 Hour Summer Solstice ~ High Heels and Wicked Wheels

2018 Ontario Summer Games ~ Eight Races for the Price of One